RPC Radiy is one of the leading companies in the world providing FPGA-based solutions to the nuclear industry and seeking new applications where the advantages of FPGA technology can be utilized. The continuous investment in R&D allows the Radiy to offer its customers the right technical solutions for their needs.
Radiy R&D strategy is developed to support the company’s business strategy, technology and innovative thinking. The main R&D mission statements are:
- Create a new competitive advantage and value to pave the way for the Company’s business success and improve its position as a leading FPGA-based I&C system vendor;
- Conduct research and development which could transfer FPGA technology advantages into company products, services, and technology improvement;
- Improve R&D effectiveness by new knowledge acquisition and innovations.
The Scientific and Technical Center for Safety Infrastructure-Oriented Research and Analysis (STC) is Radiy’s R&D Department (http://csis.org.ua/eng/), together with the Company design bureaus and technical department is committed to maintaining Radiy’s leading position in the design, development, manufacturing and supply of FPGA-based I&C systems to the nuclear industry. Finding the optimal balance between innovation and the existing proven-in-use solutions is one of the key elements of the Company’s R&D policy.
The main STC activities include:
- Reliability, safety and cybersecurity assessment of FPGA-based I&C systems;
- Supporting the development and other lifecycle processes for I&C systems, software, and FPGA applications;
- Assessing and supporting implementation of diversity principle in software and I&C systems;
- Developing techniques and tools for verification and validation of software and FPGA-based I&C systems;
- Developing of Green computing technologies and industry mobile applications;
- Developing standards and normative documents in the area of critical I&C systems, software and FPGA;
- Supporting quality management system processes;
- Certification and licensing support for I&C systems, software, and FPGA applications;
- Supporting the training of designers and auditors in I&C systems safety.