NPP equipment modernization program:
Engineered Safety Features Actuation System
Engineered Safety Features Actuation System (ESFAS) is used as the technical basis for building safety systems in both new reactors and during retrofit of existing reactors. The methodology and FPGA technology used for system architecture design allows for the platform to be used in any industrial applications requiring enhanced reliability, fast response time, and high quality of control functions execution.
The Engineered Safety Features Actuation System performs the following functions:
- protection, blocking, and monitoring of the automated operation of actuators;
- automatic process control;
- manual remote control of actuators;
- process and diagnostic information acquisition and archiving;
- conversion of signals from primary sensors and conditioning of control commands;
- full-scope systems diagnostics in real time.
Radiy developed and manufactured ESFAS in single-, two-, three- or four-channel installations, depending on the safety class of the facility. ESFAS and its components are the elements of control safety systems and conform to safety class 2 and have the classification grade of 2U(У) under the national standard.
The systems are designed and built according to the current standards:
- countries of the European Union;
20 ESFAS were designed, manufactured, supplied, and installed for Ukrainian and European nuclear power plants from 2005 to 2019:
- Rivne - 6 systems from 2007 to 2010;
- South Ukrainian - 6 systems from 2005 to 2010;
- Khmelnytskyi - 2 systems in 2019;
- Kozloduy - 6 systems from 2008 to 2010.