Nuclear power plant equipment modernization program:
Nuclear Island Control System
Digital Nuclear Island Control Systems are designed for the implementation of normal process systems operation control for power units at nuclear power plants.
Functions of Nuclear Island Control System:
- initial processing of input signals and current signal generation;
- command generation according to the algorithms of process protections, interlocks, and alarm;
- automatic regulation of process parameters with an opportunity to change settings from the automatic control system operator’s workplace;
- remote control and indication of actuator states;
- visualization, archiving, and recording of the current process and diagnostic information;
- transfer of data on process parameters, protections, blockings, and actuators state and diagnostic data to power unit information and computing system.
The hardware used to build Nuclear Island Control Systems is of safety class 3 and safety category B.
Between 2011 and 2019, 7 Nuclear Island Control Systems were designed, manufactured, supplied, and installed for Ukrainian nuclear power plants:
- Rivne – 3 systems between 2011 and 2018;
- South-Ukraine – 3 systems between 2011 and 2019;
- Khmelnytskyi – 1 system in 2019.