Nuclear plant equipment modernization program:
Conventional Island Control System
Digital Conventional Island Control Systems are designed for the implementation of normal process system operation control for power units at nuclear power plants:
- input signal initial processing and current signal generation;
- command generation according to the algorithms of process protections, interlocks, and alarm;
- automatic regulation of process parameters with an opportunity to change settings from the automatic control system operator workplace;
- remote control and indication of actuator states;
- visualization, archiving, and recording of the current process and diagnostic information;
- transfer of data on process parameters, protections, blockings, actuator states, and diagnostic data to power unit information and computing system.
Hardware applied in Conventional Island I&CS manufactured by Radiy have safety class 3 and safety category В.
Between 2013 and 2017, 4 Conventional Island Control Systems were designed, manufactured, supplied, and installed at Ukrainian nuclear power plants:
- Rivne – 2 systems between 2012 and 2017;
- South-Ukraine – 2 systems between 2013 and 2015.