Projects on seismic safety:
The safe operation of power units is a priority in the Ukrainian energy industry. One of the key areas of focus is the seismic safety of nuclear power plants. Since 2010, RPC Radiy has been successfully developing and supplying seismic equipment for Ukrainian nuclear power plants, namely Seismic Sensors.
The sensor is designed to be used for the seismic protection of buildings and structures. The sensor assures that commands are generated if the designated seismic level values are exceeded.
The Seismic Sensor performs diagnostics of:
- onboard supply voltage;
- sensor supply voltage;
- sensor mechanical structure;
- temperature of sensor crystals;
- setting parameters of sensors;
- rate of the acceleration signal rise for all measurement channels;
- integrity of the unit software code;
- integrity of output current circuits.
Between 2010 and 2019, 83 Seismic Sensors were designed, produced, supplied and installed for Ukrainian NPPs.
Nuclear power plants where Radiy Seismic Sensors are installed: